- I wanted to address the misconception that engineers are weird and socially awkward. I think that my infographic provides evidence that not all engineers are socially awkward.
- I believe that all the pictures are on there for a reason and not just for decoration. They all mean something and portray the fact that engineers are socially inclined in different ways.
- I tried to make the top half flow across the page so viewers could easier make sense of what was going on. And for the bottom of the page, I left the information in a circle because there is no wrong place to start.
- I am most proud that I was able to make the finished piece that I did. At first I struggled greatly and hated the software of Piktochart and wanted to be done with the project as a whole. As I got the hang of it, I started to enjoy what I was doing.
- This project made me realize that with less words, you can just as easily portray facts and information.
- My misconception is that “All engineers are weird, geeks, or nerds”.
- My goal is to show people that aren’t engineers that engineers in general are not all weird, and that there are “normal” people out there. It is supposed to show that the profession of engineering isn’t full of weird people.
- The intended audience is high school kids, college kids, and young adults.
- My infographic is going to be visually appealing and attract younger adults to want to read and understand it.
- I really enjoyed the “Famous Writers’ Sleep Habits and Literacy Productivity” because of the way they displayed all the writers. I believe mine will be similar in ways. One of my next favorites would be the “Is Your State’s Highest-Paid Employee a Coach?” because the picture gets straight to the point and makes it very easy to interpret what the goal is. In my infographic I will try to do the same by making the visuals get straight to the point.
- Some information that I will need to find, is proof that there are “normal” engineers. I will do some by giving examples of famous people that are engineers. And also show some of the things that engineers have done to help prove that fact that all cannot possibly be weird. Some sources I am going to use will be Forbes’s Magazine and other well creditable source related to engineering.